Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 Extension Admission/Application Information
Application & Residency Forms (downloadable pdf)
|Fall 2012 Extension||Spring 2013 Extension||Summer 2013 Extension||Notification of Acceptance|
|Full term course||August 9, 2012||December 13, 2012||May 17, 2013||Students will be notified of their acceptance within 5 working days from the date the application is received.
Anticipate delays during peak application period.
|Adult Learner course||August 30, 2012||January 3, 2013||May 31, 2013|
|Varied Date courses||5 working days prior to the start of the course.|
To attend an Outreach College Extension term at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, students submit an application for admission, and upon approval, register for courses.
You are eligible to apply for admission if:
- you are a high school graduate
- have a GED equivalency
- you are a current or former student of a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a college degree or 24 transferable college credits and in good academic standing at your home institution.
An acceptance email or letter will be sent to you. Once accepted, go to the MyUH Portal to register.
Who Needs to Apply?
If you meet the criteria below, you are eligible to register without submitting an application:
- a current University of Hawaiʻi system student who will not graduate before the term begins. Current UH Community College, UH-West Oahu and UH-Hilo students do need to obtain approval to register for 300-level or higher courses. Call Outreach College at (808) 956-7221 for approval.
Submit an application if you meet any of the following criteria.
- a new UH student.
- a former UH system student in good academic standing.
- a current UH student who will graduate before term begins.
Special Application Requirements
UH Mānoa suspended or dismissed students need to call an Outreach College admission specialist at (808) 956-7221.
Applicants whose native language is not English need to complete one of the following:
- Send the appropriate document(s) to Outreach College Student Services with your UHM Outreach College Credit Application Form, or if not possible, send transcripts or grade reports separately as needed.
- Submit test scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken in the last two years, with a composite score of 500+ (paper-based), 61+ (internet-based).
- Submit test scores for the UH Mānoa English Language Institute (ELI) placement examination indicating your qualification for enrollment.
If you do not have the required TOEFL or ELI test scores, submit at least one of the following so we may evaluate your English skills:
- You have a score of 460 or higher on the verbal section of the GRE;
- You have a score of 510 or higher on the Critical Reading AND Writing sections of the SAT;
- You have an Associate of Arts degree from a community college within the University of Hawaiʻi system;
- You have completed 60 transferable semester credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher from a university whose academic standing is recognized by the University of Hawaiʻi and where English is the primary language of instruction;
- You have completed 6 years of full-time schooling with English as the medium of instruction at a middle school, high school, college, or university in Australia, Britain, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the United States, American Samoa or Guam;
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited university in the United States or a recognized university in Australia, Britain, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland or New Zealand; or
- You have completed at least 3 years of high school in Hawaiʻi with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and 460 or higher on the Critical Reading AND Writing sections of the SAT.
How to Apply
Submit the Credit Application and Residency Forms by fax (808) 956-3752 or mail.
No application fee is required. Allow at least five (5) working days for application processing time before attempting to register. You will be sent a notification of acceptance and your assigned UH Number by email or mail as soon as your application is processed.
Once admitted it is mandatory to create a UH username and email account. You need your UH username to register, view your grades, use Laulima for online courses, and keep your contact information up to date. Official University information from University offices, administrators, and instructors is sent to your UH email address. Check your email regularly.