SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Review-Part I
Event ID: A14780
Info: Aug 26, Sep 9, 23, Oct 7, 2017 • Sat • 9:00am-3:30pm • 4 mtgs • UHM Webster 112 • $659 SHRM Member, $679 Early Bird (Register by 7/18/17), $689 Regular • Must be taken with SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP Certification Review-Part II • Sweater and brown bag lunch suggested • Registration/withdrawal deadline 4:00pm, Aug 8
With: David McKale, SHRM-CP, PHR, Instructional Team Lead
This SHRM certification review is designed for individuals seeking credentials that focus on the knowledge and practical real-life experiences needed by HR professionals to excel in their careers today. For those not seeking certification, the course provides a comprehensive HR generalist overview covering key ideas, concepts, and core competencies.
Learn more about the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK®). Earn the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) credential to be a recognized HR professional at the core of leading organizational success.
- Build on a singular Body of Competency and Knowledge designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Test your competency as an HR professional–that is, your ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrate that you are a technical expert who has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies through practice and experience to drive business results.
Part I includes the following topics:
- HR Competencies
- Structure of the HR Function
- Business and HR Strategy
- HR in the Global Context
- Employee Relations
- US Employment Laws and Regulations
- Talent Acquisition and Retention
Using the latest SHRM Learning System, the program features relevant HR content and advanced tools to streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP exams.
For more information on the new competency-based credentials visit www.SHRMCertification.org. For questions regarding program content, contact David McKale, (808) 674-6203, David.M.Mckale@disney.com.
For all other questions, contact Lance Haga, (808) 956-9249, firstname.lastname@example.org, Outreach College Professional Programs.
Course fees include all course materials but not registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations. For more about exam fees and to apply for the exam of your choice, go to http://www.shrm.org/certification/apply.
Add to Calendar