The University of Hawai‘i is firmly committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment. Visit the Campus Security website for information in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act. Crimes and other emergencies on campus may be reported directly to the Campus Security Office. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to report all suspicious activities and/or persons observed on campus. Such calls should be made promptly to improve Campus Security's ability to prevent potential crimes and/or apprehend suspects. Upon receipt of a call, security officers are dispatched immediately to the site of the emergency. All incidents are investigated and a report is filed by the investigating officer.
Report Suspicious Activities and/or Persons such as when:
- arguments escalate into physical confrontations
- unknown strangers are seen loitering
- persons are loading valuables into private vehicles
- doors or windows are propped open or broken
- persons are trying to force entry into locked cars, lockers, offices, or buildings
- strangers appear to be going door to door in buildings or residence halls.
In case of emergency:
- (808) 956-6911 (V/T) or
- from a campus phone, ext. 66911 (V/T), or during normal business hours dial the campus operator ("0"), who will contact Campus Security, or
- connect to Campus Security automatically by picking up the handset at any of the 68 emergency call boxes located throughout campus. Boxes are identified by the blue lights mounted above. Dispatchers are available 24 hours a day.
- (808) 956-8211 (V/T)
- ext. 68211 (V/T) from a campus phone
Campus Security provides transportation or a walking escort from dusk to dawn for anyone walking alone on campus at night. Call 67233 (V/T) from a campus phone to request an escort. The escort will either transport you in a campus security vehicle or accompany you on foot to any UHM parking lot or facility. More information is available on the Campus Security Services Provided webpage.