If you’re a high school student with a passion for science or math, the Science in Action program offers an exciting summer experience!
- Noncredit courses will provide hands-on discovery and learning with world-class UHM faculty and researchers
- Access to facilities, laboratories, and data at the UHM campus, the John A. Burns School of Medicine, and Coconut Island
- Opportunity to gain high-level skills and strengthen your resumé
- Choose from a variety of 1 or 2 week noncredit courses in areas that include medicine, mathematics, marine biology, botany, and microbiological oceanography
- Thanks to generous donors, all students in the program will receive a scholarship toward their course fee(s); scholarship amounts are specified on individual course webpages
Explore the possibilities…
- Field Botany: Exploring Hawaiʻi’s Wetlands Space Still Available
- Rediscovering Mathematics: The Transfinite Possibilities Space Still Available
- Marine Microbiological Mysteries Closed
- Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Space Still Available
- Introduction to Marine Science Investigations Closed
To apply, download the Science in Action application form.