DO-IT-IN-4 at UH Mānoa
Current UH Mānoa Students
You can do it!
Stay on track to graduate in 4 years by earning credits toward your degree during Summer Sessions.
- Many high-demand classes are offered.
- Earn 3 credits in 6-week courses at the beginning of summer, freeing up the rest of your summer.
- Save money – enjoy current tuition rates before increases in the fall. The resident tuition rate applies for all undergraduate classes.
- Away from Hawaiʻi this summer? Take an online class.
Need-based Scholarships for Current UH Mānoa Students
If you are a current UH Manoa student and received financial aid during the 2012-2013 academic year, you may apply for summer aid by submitting an application – available online from March 15 – April 19, 2013.
Merit Scholarships for Freshmen
Eligible UH Mānoa freshman will receive a $1,000 merit scholarship to be used towards Summer Sessions 2013. The award recognizes academically exceptional students who have demonstrated a commitment to completing their UH Mānoa degree in four years.
The $1,000 award is to be applied toward the tuition for a single UH Mānoa Summer Sessions 2013 course; up to 300 scholarships are available. Award recipients will be responsible for any remaining course tuition and costs.
Merit Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for this Summer Sessions 2013 merit scholarship, you must:
- have been admitted to UH Mānoa as a freshman in the Fall 2012 semester.
- have 27 or more credits from classes taken at UH Mānoa (Credits from classes completed at the end of Fall 2012 as well as classes registered for in Spring 2013 as of March 15th will be counted toward these 27+ credits).
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher as of the end of the Fall 2012 semester (A student’s cumulative GPA is based on credit courses completed at UH Mānoa).
- be registered for at least 3 credits in the Summer 2013 term by April 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM HST.
Applications must be received by UH Mānoa Outreach College no later than Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM HST. Award notifications will be sent to your UH e-mail account.
Click here for the Merit Scholarship Application.
Please note: If you have qualified to receive a $750 merit scholarship, you will be notified by email with additional details. You must accept the award before it can be applied to your UHM account, so be sure to check your UH e-mail account regularly to accept your award before the deadline. If you have any questions, please call 956-9246.
Registration for Summer Session Courses
Registration begins March 12 for UHM seniors. All other UHM students may register beginning March 13.