UP Application Procedures
Applicants must submit:
- UP Program Application Form.
- Official high school transcripts (or university transcripts for transfer students) translated and certified by a school or U.S. consular official.
- Official bank verification of finances for visa purposes (minimum USD $40,000 for the two semester program). Must be current account of student or immediate family member.
- Official tuberculosis clearance and Measles/MMR immunization (See Health Certification Form for details or contact the UP office.)
- If available: TOEFL or IELTS score. If unavailable, students will be required to submit an alternative program assessment.
- If available: Standardized Achievement Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) scores.
- Application Fee of $200 (non-refundable) Check/money order must be made out to "University of Hawaii". For wire transfers or credit card payments, please contact the UP office for information.
Note: Scanned copies of official documents are acceptable upon initial application to the program. Original documents are required for admission to be complete. Students must submit original documents by mail or in person upon arrival. If documents are found to be incomplete, inaccurate, or illegible the student will be denied admission to the program and the I-20 will be revoked immediately.
When to Apply
Students should apply as early as possible. A minimum of three months prior to the program start date is highly recommended. Late applications will be processed for acceptance into the next available semester. Applications are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis until the program is full.
Acceptance/Rejection of application:
The University of Hawaiʻi University Preparation Program reserves the right to deny acceptance to the program. Applicants who are not accepted into UP will be notified in writing. The Application Fee is non-refundable.
Integrity of application
Applicants must provide accurate and complete information throughout the application process. Students that are found to have provided false information or falsified documents will be immediately disqualified from the program.