UP Accommodation and Meals
UP students may very well enjoy more flexibility after living in Hawaiʻi for a few months, and so students will be responsible for their housing and meal arrangements during the second semester. UP staff will provide housing information and will assist students in finding suitable housing upon request. Options include:
- Stay in UH Conference Housing
- Students may make their own arrangements to
remain in the UH dormitory
- Private student dormitory off campus
- There are several private companies that offer dormitory-style living arrangements for students. This is an excellent way to meet students from UH and other schools in Honolulu.
- Homestay with an American family
- There are private homestay agencies that can arrange for students to live with an American family. This is an excellent way to become immersed in the culture and practice English in a family setting.
- Rent an apartment or room
- Some students might prefer the autonomy of living alone in an apartment. There are apartments and rooms for rent within walking distance or a short bus ride to the campus.
- Rent an apartment or home with roommates
- Students are often looking for roommates to share living expenses. Renting a room with a local student is a great way to practice English and experience a typical college student lifestyle.
- Download Housing Information (pdf)