Helpful information to help guide you through the application process at Outreach College.
This application will allow you to register for Outreach College Extension and Summer courses only. If you are interested in courses delivered through the standard UH Manoa Fall and Spring semesters, please contact the UHM Admissions Office at email@example.com or visit their website for the online application at manoa.hawaii.edu/admissions.
APPLICATION AND HEALTH CLEARANCE FOR ADMISSION
Submit your Credit Application and Residency Form through UH FileDrop – secure email (Recipient: OCHELP).
No application fee is required. Allow at least ten (10) working days for application processing time before attempting to register. You will be sent a notification of acceptance and your assigned UH Number by email or mail as soon as your application is processed.
Once admitted it is mandatory to create a UH username and email account. You need your UH username to register, view your grades, use Laulima for online courses, and keep your contact information up to date. Official University information from University offices, administrators, and instructors is sent to your UH email address. Check your email regularly.
With your UH username, you will have access to MyUH Services which is a one-stop shop to access most online services for the UH System.
*If you are required to provide transcripts, we ask that you submit your application a month prior to the published deadlines as additional time will be required for transcripts to arrive and to be reviewed.
To attend an Outreach College Extension term or Summer Sessions at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, students submit an application for admission, and upon approval, register for courses.
You are eligible to apply for admission if:
- You are a U.S. high school graduate or have a GED equivalency
Transcripts are required IF your high school diploma or its equivalent is from a non-U.S. secondary educational institution.
- You are a current or former student of a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a bachelor’s degree or 24 transferable college credits and in good academic standing at your home institution.
Transcripts and copies of your degree certificate are required IF your bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is from a non-U.S. college or university.
Official transcripts may be required upon request.
An acceptance email or letter will be sent to you. Once accepted, go to the MyUH Services to register.
Who Needs to Apply?
If you meet the criteria below, you are eligible to register without submitting an application:
* a current University of Hawaiʻi system student who will not graduate before the term begins. Current UH Community College, UH-West Oahu and UH-Hilo students do need to obtain approval to register for 300-level or higher courses. Contact Outreach College Student Services for approval.
Submit an application if you meet any of the following criteria:
* a new UH student.
* a former UH system student in good academic standing.
* a current UH student who will graduate before term begins.
Special Application Requirements
Applicants whose native language is not English need to complete one of the following:
- Send the appropriate document(s) to Outreach College Student Services with your UHM Outreach College Credit Application Form, or if not possible, send transcripts or grade reports separately as needed.
- Submit test scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken in the last two years, with a composite score of 500+ (paper-based), 61+ (internet-based).
- Submit test scores for the UH Mānoa English Language Institute (ELI) placement examination indicating your qualification for enrollment.
English Language Proficiency
If English is not your native language and you have never attended a fall or spring term at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, you must provide evidence of your English language proficiency (this applies even if you have already been accepted to UH Mānoa for Fall 2021). Please send documentation for one of the following (see items a-l) with your application form. Note: Admission through Outreach College does not imply a waiver of the TOEFL exam for admission for the regular Fall and Spring semesters.
a. Minimum composite score of 61 (internet-based), 173 (computer-based) or 500 (paper-based) on the TOEFL
b. Minimum overall score of 5.0 on the IELTS
c. Minimum score of 510 on the critical reading AND writing sections of the SAT
d. Minimum score of 22 on the English AND reading sections of the ACT
e. Minimum score of 151 on the verbal section of the GRE
f. An Associate of Arts degree from a community college within the UH System
g. A bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or a recognized university in Australia, Britain, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland or New Zealand
h. Completed an ENG 100 equivalent course from a regionally accredited U.S. institution with a “D” or higher grade
i. Completed 60 transferrable credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or from an institution that is recognized by UH Mānoa where English is the primary language of instruction
j. Completed six years of continuous school through middle school, high school or college or university in Australia, Britain, Canada (excluding Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, American Samoa or Guam
k. Completed at least three years of high school in Hawai?i with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and 460 on the critical reading AND writing sections of the SAT
l. Test scores for the UH Mānoa English Language Institute (ELI) placement examination indicating that you qualify for enrollment.
Standardized test scores must have been taken within the past two years.