Activate Your UH Username
Your UH Username gives you access to important University resources including:
- GMAIL (your UH Email account for official correspondence from the University)
- Laulima (access your course online, communicate with your instructors and classmates)
- MyUH Services (access your UH account, financial information, pay your bill)
- STAR GPS (register for classes, view grades)
For assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk
- Phone: (808) 956-8883
- Email: email@example.com
Check Class Availability & Course Academic Calendars
Consult course listings regularly for the most up-to-date information on available classes, cancellations, course additions, and changes in meeting times, locations, and instructors.
Each course has its own Academic Calendar that includes course details and deadlines to add, drop, withdraw, and refunds. Click on the Course Reference Number (CRN) to the left of the course on Class Availability to view its Academic Calendar.
Meet With an Academic Advisor
College or School Academic Advisors help with academic planning and course selection. Whether you are a continuing UH student or a visiting student for the summer, you should ask your academic advisor if the courses you select will count toward your degree.
Certain holds prevent you from adding and dropping classes. Holds may be placed on your account if you have not fulfilled certain requirements such as:
- Health Clearance
- Academic Advising
- Financial Obligation
To view holds and the offices to contact:
- Login to MyUH Services or STAR GPS.
- Search for or click View Holds.
- To remove holds, contact the office that placed the hold on your record.
If you think you need approval to register for a course, visit the department website as they may have instructions for requesting an override. Otherwise, contact the instructor or Academic Department office for assistance.
Some departments require that you take a placement exam before enrolling in a particular course. If you plan on registering for a course in one of the following academic departments, see the department’s website for information on placement testing.
Submit Health Clearance To UHM Health Services
Please submit your health clearance forms and immunization records to University Health Services prior to registration.
All students must comply with health clearance requirements to register for classes.
For questions about the health requirements and how to submit your immunization records, please contact University Health Services
- Phone: (808) 956-8965
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Create a class schedule and register for courses online through the STAR GPS Registration System.
For non-STAR registration problems, contact Outreach College Student Services
For STAR assistance, please contact the STAR Team
- Phone: (808) 956-4036
- Email: email@example.com
- Login to STAR GPS at www.star.hawaii.edu
- Under the GPS Registration tab, please click the “Register – Add/Drop Course” button in the Fall 2020 box.
- Click “Skip Videos” or watch the tutorial videos.
- Click “I have read and agree…” and click “Continue”.
- Click “Add Personal Choice” and click “Select a Course”.
- On the course search page, ensure the semester is Fall 2020 Extension. If you have the CRN, enter it in the CRN field. If you do not have a CRN, search for courses using the filter fields.
- Click “Search” to bring the course up for registration.
- Select the radio button/circle next to the course.
- Click “Checkout”.
- Click “Submit Registration Changes” to officially register.
- In the upper right hand corner of the screen, click the View/Pay button to view your charges and pay for your courses.
Find step-by-step instructions, tutorial videos, and the STAR Help Team to assist in navigating your way through registration.
1..Before you login, click “RESOURCES” at the top right of the login page.
2..After you login, on the top right, click the question mark icons to find help or click on the video links.
( ! ) REVIEW YOUR CURRICULUM PROGRAM FIRST
- Located at the top right-hand corner under your name, click on the drop down menu to see your degree program curriculum.
- Your most current degree program record will show.
- Some returning students may receive an error message: “It appears you are not an active student for the term.”
- If the incorrect curriculum was selected, click and change the program.
Search for courses by Campus and Semester
- Outreach College courses are offered in the Fall Extension, Spring Extension, Summer Extension, and Summer Sessions semesters.
In the search fields on the left:
- UH Manoa should be selected as Campus.
- Summer (year-YYYY) should be selected for Summer Sessions 1 and 2 (5-digit CRNs)
- Semester YYYY Extension should be selected for Extension Term courses in the Fall, Spring, and Summer (4-digit CRNs).
Add a personal choice to start your search for courses.
(!) Make sure to complete the registration checklist in order to move on to adding a course.
- To the left of the screen, click the “ADD PERSONAL CHOICE” button.
- “SELECT A COURSE” in blue will appear in the line above the button. Click it to search for your course.
You must search for the course under “CRN” in the search engine.
(!) Only input the CRN, not what the title or subject is; otherwise, the system will error and state that the course cannot be found.
- If the search results report that there are no open classes, click on the “switch” to show closed courses.
- If you are unable to find or register for the CRN, contact the department or person who gave you the CRN and/or information about the course, for further assistance.
Pay for courses via STAR GPS or MyUH Services (View My Student Account).