During the Fall and Spring semesters, UH Manoa students should register for courses in the same semester and not have courses in both the standard semester and in Extension.

Degree-seeking Manoa students in programs hosted exclusively by Outreach College, students admitted by Outreach College, and students whose home campus is NOT Manoa will be able to register for courses in the Extension term.  UH Community Colleges, UH Hilo, and UH West Oahu students, please contact Outreach College Student Services to request a campus restriction override.

UH Manoa students who are not part of an Outreach College program will receive a Campus Restriction error and will not be able to register for Extension courses.

Each course has its own Academic Calendar, so be sure to review each of your courses to be aware of these important deadlines.  Find by CRN on the calendar search page, or click on the CRN in Class Availability to view Academic Calendars.

To avoid financial and academic penalties (“F” or “W” grade), you must drop any unwanted classes prior to the 100% tuition refund deadline listed on the academic calendar for that specific course.

Contact the respective college, department, program, or instructor to obtain approval to register for the course. They must enter the override code into your record before you register on STAR GPS by the last day to add.

No. Registration approval and override codes can only be entered for current students. After submitting your application, you will need to wait for your notice of acceptance and your student UH ID number before asking the academic department for an approval code.

Yes, you may.  Please send an email to Outreach College Student Services at ochelp@hawaii.edu by the last day to drop the course.  Be sure to email your request from your UH Email account and include the course information (i.e. subject, course, CRN).