Two semesters before you plan to graduate, schedule an appointment with the Maui IS Advisor to complete a Graduation Check.
- Your Interdisciplinary Studies Advisor will review your transcript to check the status of your graduation requirements and to verify what you need to complete to graduate with an Interdisciplinary Studies degree. This is also an opportunity to check on any additional graduation requirements such as a minor or a certificate.
- Complete a Graduation Plan that lists the remaining coursework to be finished before you graduate.
- Fill out an Application for Degree form. A week or two after you file for graduation, check your MyUH account for the $30 diploma fee.
- Complete the IS Graduate Survey online (link will be sent to you).
- If you are planning to attend the commencement ceremony at Mānoa, you must register for commencement at the Mānoa Commencement Site (see “Participation” below for more details on commencement at Mānoa and Maui).
Requirements And Rules For Graduation
- Must have 120 minimum applicable credits and 45 minimum upper-division (UD) credits.
- Completion of all core, program, major, and minor/certificate requirements for a letter grade.
- “C” grade or better in major courses, and a grade point ratio (GPR) of at least 2.5 in your major equivalent.
- Any incomplete or missing grades in any course must be converted to a letter grade prior to graduation or you must file for graduation the following semester.
- Completion of all requirements as detailed on your Graduation Plan Sheet.
- Monitoring the status of final semester grades is YOUR responsibility.
- Graduation may be delayed if you fail to turn in required documents in the time specific to file for graduation no later than two weeks after instruction begins during the semester of graduation and no later than May 20 for the summer session.
Participation in Commencement Exercises
You have the opportunity to participate in your choice of the Mānoa or Mauiʻs commencement exercises. Graduation regalia (cap, gown, and tassel) is required for participation in either ceremony. The Interdisciplinary Studies cap and gown color is green with white tassel. Regalia and announcements may be ordered through the UH-Mānoa Bookstore.
University of Hawaiʻi Commencement on Maui via University Center: If you plan to participate in the ceremony held at Maui College, you will be required to RSVP to the University Center. Information will be sent to you at a later date.
If you choose to participate in the UH-Mānoa Undergraduate Degree Ceremony, please visit the commencement website for important information. Note that this ceremony takes place on the UH-Mānoa campus in the Stan Sheriff Center.