The Come Back To Mānoa (CBM) team offers a variety of services to help you complete your degree.
CBM Support Services
CBM serves as an advocate for participating students and provides guidance and assistance to help you finally earn your first bachelor’s degree. We’re here to help you navigate the University system and clarify what you still need to cross that graduation finish line. No judgement – just encouragement and support.
Services and Incentives:
- Partners with students to identify a plan for the quickest attainment of their degree
- Reviews various degree options and what is needed to graduate for each option
- Explains how undergraduate coursework does NOT expire with the University but how graduation or major requirements might have changed and which majors have a time limitation for courses to count toward a particular major
- Provides consistent, convenient, individualized support
- Serves as a single point of contact to help students navigate the final hurdles to graduation
- Provides supplemental advising from admission to graduation in addition to the student’s regular major/college advisor(s)
Mentoring and Coaching:
- We email CBM participants each semester to see how classes are going and to help connect students with tutoring or other campus services if needed.
- We are available at any time to discuss course progress, challenges with returning to school and balancing the addition of schoolwork back into other work/family/life commitments, and course selection and registration.
- We send reminders about upcoming application deadlines, registration windows opening, and the application to graduate process.
- We check in with CBM participants who are not registered for the current semester to discuss how we can facilitate their return.