How to apply to the 3 week NICE program and everything you need to know about the application process.
- 3-week NICE welcomes applicants from all countries.
- 3-week NICE accepts students from beginning to advanced levels.
- 3-week NICE students must be 16 years or older by the program start date.
Students under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult during their stay in Hawai‘i.
Because the 3-week NICE sessions are short, part-time programs, students may enter the U.S. on a tourist visa (B2) or visa waiver (ESTA). The study program is considered “incidental” to the visit. Students who intend to continue studying in the U.S. after completing the session should contact the NICE office or the US Embassy for advice on visa types.
Online application process
Group Sponsors: Please contact the NICE office for information regarding the application and payment process for your group.
- Indicate agreement to Assumption of Risk and Release (on application)
- Upload a passport-sized photograph (optional);
- Make credit card payment for non-refundable application fee and full course fee (Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Discoverer, and JCB accepted).
Paper application process
- Complete form-fillable NICE Application Form. Be sure to sign the Assumption of Risk and Release section (for students under 18 years old, this must be signed by the local adult sponsor);
- Print and fill out Adult Sponsor Agreement Form;
- Attach passport-sized photo (optional)
- Prepare check or money order for non-refundable application fee and full course fee (payable to “University of Hawai‘i”)
- Send application by:
Email to email@example.com (mail payment to address below)
Fax to (808) 956-3421 (mail payment to address below)
Mail with payment to:
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa
2545 McCarthy Mall, Bilger 102
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96822 USA
WHEN TO APPLY
For individual students applying to 3-week Winter or Summer NICE, the deadline for application is one month before the program start date. However, we recommend applying much earlier as applications are accepted on a first-come first-served basis until the program is full.
For groups, the application and payment deadline is two months before the session starts.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS UPON ARRIVAL
All new students must complete final registration at the new student orientation on the first day of the program. Students will need to bring the following:
1. Hawaii Address
2. Proof of Medical Insurance
Medical insurance should be purchased in the student’s home country, if possible. Students who do not purchase medical insurance in their home countries may also purchase medical insurance online with the following private providers:
Compass Benefits Group:
Students without medical insurance will not be allowed to attend classes.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at (808) 956-7753.