NICE offers excellent English courses throughout the year for students with a variety of goals and available time. Study options include rigorous intensive English for academic, professional, and general purposes, as well as short conversation courses that expose students to life in the U.S. and Hawaii. Although each course has a unique focus, NICE is especially known for its emphasis on building essential ORAL COMMUNICATION skills in English necessary for global communication.
Ten Week NICE
Four ten-week sessions per year, beginning each January, April, July, and October. The CEFR-based curriculum focuses on English for academic, professional, and general purposes.
• Centers on oral communication and cultural competence
• Innovative methods for teaching and practicing real-world listening and speaking tasks
• TOEIC and TOEFL preparation classes
• Accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
Three Week NICE
A three-week session each winter, spring, summer and fall. The curriculum focuses on English conversation and culture.
• Concentrates on communication, culture, and community
• Interactive classes, practical communication, in-class and off-campus activities
• Hawaiian culture workshop and optional excursions