Obtaining UH Number, Email, and ID Card

How to get your University of Hawai‘i student ID number and UH email.

Obtaining UH Number and UH Email

After your application for admission is processed, you are assigned a UH number, which Outreach College emails or mails to you depending on the information you have provided.

Once admitted, obtain a UH email address. Important information from University administrators, offices, and instructors will be sent to this account therefore, check your email regularly.

To create a UH username and password, and to activate your UH email account, got to the Managing Your UH Username page and click on “Get a UH Username”.

You need your UH username to register, view your final grades, to use Laulima, and keep your address and phone information up-to-date.

With your UH username, you will have access to MyUH Services which is a one-stop shop to access most online services for the UH System. Learn more about MyUH Services.

UH Email

Email sent to your UH email account is considered an official channel of communication by the University. Check your UH email regularly. If you prefer to use a different email address, it is important that you forward your username@hawaii.edu email to your preferred address. To forward email, go to Google@UH and login to your email account. Click on the Gear icon located on the upper right-hand corner and select Mail settings. Follow the directions to add a forwarding address.  If you need assistance, contact the ITS Help Desk. See their contact information below.

Need Username, Password, or UH Email help?


ITS Help Desk, 2520 Correa Road

help@hawaii.edu, (808) 956-8883, 1 (800) 558-2669


UH-Mānoa Student Identification (ID) Card

Once a student is registered for Summer Sessions, they can get a Manoa One Card at no cost by visiting the ID Office, which is located in Campus Center. However, only AFTER the student is charged Student fees, pays these in full or accepts a Financial Aid award AND the term starts (traditional term dates), will the student be eligible to use benefits, such as accessing the Warrior Recreation Center.

Note: If a student has any UH holds on their record, they will not be able to obtain an ID card. If a student later has a Financial Obligation (FO) placed on their record, they will lose the benefits of their ID card until the FO is removed. For the UPASS in the summer, students must pay an opt-in fee to get a UPASS sticker from the ID office for their ID card.

For more information, please refer to the Campus Center ID Office.