The Shidler College of Business offers its Executive MBA program in a format designed to meet the needs of business professionals across the Hawaiian Islands.
The Distance Learning EMBA offers the majority of its classes via video conferencing, eliminating the need to travel. However, in order to maximize the value of networking opportunities among diverse class members and the faculty, some sessions are scheduled on the UH Mānoa campus. You will benefit from the valuable insights of your peers and, at the same time, have the opportunity to establish long-lasting business relationships.
Whether you are looking to advance your career, or prepare to make a career change, the program will provide you with the business tools, skills, and knowledge to succeed.
Learning Goals for the MBA
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the functional areas of business (best business practice)
- Communicate effectively in writing and oral presentations
- Understand and apply management skills to the Asia-Pacific business environment
- Identify and analyze complex ethical and legal issues
- Demonstrate understanding of the impacts of technology on business
Distance Learning Technology
The Distance Learning Executive MBA classes are highly interactive and are broadcast in real time so that all students on the receiving sites will receive instruction simultaneously. Similar to a real class setting, students will be able to ask questions, offer comments, conduct project presentations and participate in other dialogue in real time.