The MEd – Early Childhood Education is a statewide, interdisciplinary graduate program designed to address the statewide need for Birth – 8 years leadership. This interdisciplinary degree is a collaboration between Curriculum Studies, Special Education, and Human Development & Family Studies.
This program provides format delivery and licensure-related track options to support a range of candidate needs. Program candidates can select one option from each category.
Two format options:
- Summer Intensive – Cohorted, face-to-face 1 month intensive sessions for 3 summers on Oahu + monthly on-line seminars throughout the year
- Evening/Weekend (Online/Hybrid)– Cohorted, on-line / hybrid coursework accessible across all islands + monthly on-line seminars throughout the year
Three track options:
- Non-license M.Ed.- Early Childhood Education
- Initial license (Generalist PreK-K or PreK-3)
- Add-a-Field license (Generalist PreK-K or PreK-3)
The Masters in Early Childhood Education prepares graduates for various teaching and leadership positions in programs that support the development, learning and well-being of children together with their families and communities.