The MEd SPED: Interdisciplinary program is a 31-credit online program designed for professionals who wish to increase their knowledge and skills in providing services to individuals with disabilities and specializes in leadership and research.
The interdisciplinary specialization is designed primarily for graduate candidates who wish to have an advanced degree in special education/disabilities services in order to pursue special education leadership and/or research. Completion of core courses and the designated elective courses allow candidates to examine key topics and issues in special education through the lens of an educational leader while also developing skills for evaluating and disseminating special education research. This program also allows candidates to work with their faculty advisors to individualize and accommodate candidates’ experiences, educational background and professional aspirations.
Who should consider this program
- Special education teachers
- Special education teacher mentors
- General education teachers wishing to gain knowledge in inclusive practices or as an add-a-field in special education
- Special Education Department Heads or Grade-Level Chairs
- Student Service Coordinators (SSC)
- District Education Specialists (DES)
- District or Complex Area Resource Teachers
- Individuals working in nonprofit and for-profit agencies serving individuals with disabilities