For more than 20 years, high school students have earned college credit by taking courses during the summer at UH Mānoa. Apply for the Summer Scholar Program and earn college credits during six weeks in the summer. Upon acceptance to the program, qualified high school sophomores and juniors can register for University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Summer 2022 courses and experience the college environment while still in high school.
The college environment promotes personal growth. Take this time to discover new interests, develop strategies for dealing with the intense and unique demands of a college career, and explore the unlimited potential that you possess!
- see what college will be like by taking a class with college students on a college campus
- sample an academic area that interests you
- strengthen your basic writing, math, or speech skills in preparation for your college career
- begin to fulfill UH Mānoa core requirements (if you matriculate to another college or university, these credits may transfer)
- meet students from other high schools (local and mainland)
- explore the UH Mānoa campus and its many resources with the assistance of our Summer Scholar Coordinator
Enroll in our Summer Scholar Program if you will have completed your Sophomore or Junior year of high school by Summer 2022 and have:
- a 3.5 GPA;
- the maturity and motivation required to complete university-level course work;
- and parent/guardian approval.