Tuition is the same regardless of whether courses are taken for a letter, credit/no credit, or audit grade. Tuition is refundable based upon the academic calendar for each course. See payment policy and deadlines for more information.
Undergraduate Courses (numbered 0-499)
$471 (per credit) / Resident & Nonresident
Graduate Courses (numbered 500+)
$650 (per credit) / Resident & Nonresident
School of Law, Juris Doctor Degree
$933 (per credit) / Resident & Nonresident
Shidler College of Business Graduate Courses (numbered 500+)
$887 (per credit) / Resident & Nonresident
School of Nursing & Dental Hygiene Graduate Courses (numbered 500+)
$1001 (per credit) / Resident & Nonresident
COLLEGE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
Certain courses are charged an Administrative Fee in lieu of regular tuition. The Administrative fee is 30% of one regular undergraduate credit and is non-refundable after the start of class.
Fees are charged for each Summer I and Summer II session. Mandatory student fees are non-refundable after the first day of instruction.
- $1 Broadcast Communication Authority Fee – Supports KTUH and the Student Video & Filmmakers’ Association which provides a variety of cultural
- $46 Student Health Fee – Supports the University Health Services Manoa which provides student-focused medical care at reasonable cost helping to ensure a healthy campus environment.
- $33 Campus Center Operations and Recreation Fee – Supports the Warrior Recreation Center and UHM Campus Center facility, which serves as the home to a variety of student life programs including leadership education, registered clubs and leisure recreation programs.
- $5 Student Activity and Program Fee – Provides financial support for student-oriented co-curricular programs and activities from Registered Independent Organizations, university departments and university-affiliated programs.
- $2 Campus Center Activity Fee – Provides financial support for campus programming and corresponding operational expenses to create activities on campus that contribute to a vibrant student life.
- COURSE FEES – Certain courses may have additional fees and vary by college/school. Please view the Academic Calendar and search for the specific Course Reference Number (CRN) for course specific fees.
GRADUATE ASSISTANT, EMPLOYEE OR SPOUSE/DOMESTIC PARTNER TUITION WAIVERS
These tuition waivers can be applied to Outreach College courses under certain conditions. A non-refundable, non-transferable administrative fee is charged for each registered eligible course. The administrative fee is calculated as 30% of one undergraduate resident credit.
For information about our Employee Tuition Waiver or Graduate Assistant Tuition Exemption Information and Forms click here.
PAYING FOR YOUR COURSES
After your payment and before your classes begin, verify that your payment has been processed, and check for any course schedule or instructor changes.