Films for Kids • Fun for All • Streaming for Free!
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of KIDS FIRST!
Presented by UH Mānoa Outreach College, the 2022 virtual UH KIDS FIRST! Film Festival – now in its 14th year in Hawaiʻi – offers screenings of creative and insightful animated and live-action shorts, features, and documentaries by student, indie, and seasoned filmmakers worldwide.
Reserve your free tickets for 10 days of streaming film programs focused on climate change and the environment, space and technology, social justice and tolerance…and just plain fun!
For the complete Virtual Festival Catalog with details go to
Saturday • February 12
- Toons for Tots to Tweens
- Global Imagination Animation
- World Premiere: DreamWorks Madagascar: A Little Wild (Gloria’s Got ‘Em All episode)
Episode features a “sign over” performance by deaf actress Shaylee Mansfield.
Live stream Interview/Q&A, February 12, 12–12:30 p.m. HST
- Johanna Stein, executive producer and showrunner
- T.J. Sullivan, supervising director
- Justin Maurer, ASL consultant
- Delbert Whetter, ASL consultant
- Jevon Whetter, ASL consultant
- Laura Margulies: Hand-Painted Animation
Live stream: A Conversation with Laura Margulies, February 12, 1–1:30 p.m. HST
Sunday • February 13
- Kids To The Rescue • Ages 3+
- Care to Change • Ages 5+
- Enviro/Adventure Feature: The Sentries of the Delta • Ages 10+
Monday • February 14
- Matters of the Heart • Varied age groups
Tuesday • February 15
- Animation Feature: Louisa, An Amazing Adventure • Ages 8+
Wednesday • February 16
- You Do You No Matter Who-Part 1 • Ages 8+
Thursday • February 17
- Music Moves • 2 films • Ages 8+
Friday • February 18
- All Kine Kids • Varied Age Groups
Saturday • February 19
- You Do You No Matter Who-Part 2 • Varied age groups
- Culture[s] • Varied age groups
- The Bum Family Films • Ages 7+
Live stream chat with members of The Bum Family: 11:30am-12:00pm HST
- Madcap Movie: Hotel Paradise • Ages 9-15
Sunday • February 20
- Clever Kids: Robots, Rockets, & Technology • Varied Age Groups
- Adventures on Land & Sea • Varied Age Groups
Live stream interview/Q&A with Bobo Gallagher (A Boyʻs Journey: Crossing the ʻAlenuihāhā Channel) and filmmaker Deveraux Gallagher: 11:30am-12:00pm HST
- Girls Rule: Robotics & Astronomy • Ages 7+
- US Premiere: MeteoHeroes (Ages 5-15)
Pre-recorded Interview with Luigi Latini, Creator/Executive Producer of MeteoHeroes
Live stream Q&A with Kenn Viselman, Showrunner/Executive Producer of MeteoHeroes: 1:00pm-1:30pm
Monday • February 21 (Presidents Day)
- Last day to catch up on missed films and VOTE for your favorites!