How to Apply
Summer Scholar Program application steps.
The application deadline was April 15, 2023.
- Sophomores or Juniors in high school during 2022-2023 academic year
- 3.5 cumulative GPA (including Fall 2022 coursework)
- Maturity and motivation required to complete university-level course work
- Parent/guardian approval
Before You Apply
The online application will involve uploading documentation. We recommend collecting these documents before you start the online application. Ultimately, you will need these in electronic format so they can be uploaded to your online application.
- Your high school academic record (courses and grades) from Grade 9 through Fall 2022. Typically students will request their high school transcript (official or unofficial) from their high schoolʻs records office. Check to see if your Fall 2022 grades are on your transcript. Some schools only update student transcripts at the end of each academic year, so if your transcript does not include your Fall 2022 grades, you will need to ALSO submit your Fall 2022 semester report card.
- The Parent/Guardian Approval Form.
How to Apply
- Go to the online application login page.
- Create a user account. (If you previously applied for a dual credit course at any of the University of Hawaiʻi campuses, you may have an existing account. In this case, you can login without creating a new user account.)
- Once you login, click on the Add Program tab.
- In the search bar, type Summer Scholar Program.
- You should see Summer Scholar Program (high school students earning college credits) SU23. NOTE: If you select the incorrect program, you will need to re-do the application to apply to the correct program. Click on the + sign to the left of the program name to select this program. (If you click on the program name, you will only see a pop-up window with more program details.)
- Complete the 4 sections of the online application:
- Personal Information
- Academic History
- Supporting Information
- Program Materials: Defaults to the HOME tab. Click on the DOCUMENTS tab and upload (1) transcript or transcript and Fall ’22 report card and (2) completed Parent/Guardian Approval form.
- When finished, go to the Submit Application tab. Click on the Submit button. You should receive an email from program staff within 3 business days. If you do not receive this email, please double-check that your application was submitted and/or contact us.
Call (808) 956-9246 or email email@example.com