- Session 1: May 23 – July 1
- Session 2: July 5 – August 12
- Midsummer Session: June 13 – July 22
NOTE: Circumstances may be different due to COVID-19; adjustments will be made accordingly.
For more than 20 years, high school students have earned college credit by taking courses during the summer at UH Mānoa.
Application due date: April 15, 2022
Apply for the Summer Scholar Program and earn college credits during six weeks in the summer. Upon acceptance to the program, qualified high school sophomores and juniors can register for University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Summer 2022 courses and experience the college environment while still in high school.
The college environment promotes personal growth. Take this time to discover new interests, develop strategies for dealing with the intense and unique demands of a college career, and explore the unlimited potential that you possess!
• see what college will be like by taking a class with college students on a college campus
• sample an academic area that interests you
• strengthen your basic writing, math, or speech skills in preparation for your college career
• begin to fulfill UH Mānoa core requirements (if you matriculate to another college or university, these credits may transfer)
• meet students from other high schools (local and mainland)
• explore the UH Mānoa campus and its many resources with the assistance of our Summer Scholar Coordinator
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Enroll in our Summer Scholar Program if you will have completed your Sophomore or Junior year of high school by Summer 2022 and have:
• a 3.5 GPA;
• the maturity and motivation required to complete university-level course work;
• and parent/guardian approval.
The application must be submitted by April 15, 2022. For more information on how to apply, click on “How to Apply” above.
NEW! Mid-summer Term
Summer Sessions at UH Mānoa is pleased to offer a range of credit courses (listed below) in the midsummer term, June 13 to July 22, 2022. These dates are designed to more easily fit into the schedules of high school students. For Summer 2022, the following courses are being offered during the midsummer term.
IN-PERSON MIDSUMMER COURSES
BOT 160: Campus Plants
MWF, 2:30-4:30pm, UHM campus
Instructor: Nōweo Kai, Curator for the UH Campus Arboretum
MATH 140: Precalc: Trig/Analytic Geometry
MTWRF, 10:30-11:55am, UHM campus
MATH 241: Calculus I
MTWRF, 10:00-11:45am, UHM campus
MATH 241: Calculus I
MTWRF, 12:00-1:45pm, UHM campus
ONLINE – SYNCHRONOUS MIDSUMMER COURSES
ECON 120: Introduction to Economics
POLS 140: Introduction to Indigenous Politics
SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
Two synchronous meetings, dates TBD. Remainder of course is asynchronous.
ONLINE – ASYNCHRONOUS MIDSUMMER COURSES
ECON 130: Principles of Microeconomics
ECON 131: Principles of Macroeconomics
ECON 321: Introduction to Statistics
ERTH 101: Dynamic Earth
ES 101: Introduction to Ethnic Studies
POLS 150: Introduction to Global Politics